Essential Job Functions:
- Receive, coordinate, and execute multiple projects relating to customer order complaints, issues, and/or inquires.
- Respond to phone calls and emails from customers within 24 hours of receipt and initiate projects and action plan to address complaints, resolve issues, or fulfill requests as needed.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer account discrepancies, issues, and requests by examining both current and historical scientific data to determine necessary course of action.
- Coordinate resolution team with related departments in order to transfer highly scientific data and effect necessary changes and revisions as applicable to customer account while maintaining a timely response.
- Execute project resolution by ensuring customer satisfaction throughout all phases of process, from initial design to final product.
- Assist in developing and implementing improvements to both protocol and systems to ensure maximum quality of standards, procedures, policies, and production.
- Participate actively on quality results review team to ensure timely and accurate release of finished product.
- Procure, request, and evaluate necessary strain information or sequencing data from customer to initiate qPCR assay design.
- Redesign or replace existing assays that are not functioning properly by troubleshooting and fixing design issues related to primer/probe redesign or sample issues and information.
Essential Job Requirements:
Bachelor of Science in Biology or related field.
Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in science-related field. More specifically, a scientific background with an understanding of molecular biology and research lab experience is a plus, but not required. Experience working with quantitative PCR and/or transgenic models beneficial.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience and demonstrated ability using sequence analysis software such as Vector NTI or equivalent preferred.
- Experience and demonstrated ability using online genetic resources, databases, and browsers such as NCBI, Ensembl, and MGI preferred.
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have the ability to react quickly in order to understand and solve complex problems using strong time management, organizational, prioritization, analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Must possess the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and customers in order to ensure quality customer service.
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic including great personal drive, motivation, discipline, and initiative.
- Must possess outstanding communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills and have the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural customer setting.